bump counter

 BabyFruit Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Definitely our kid

All my ultrasounds so far have been very clinical. Here's the neck fold, here's the length of the femur, yes the organs are forming correctly, and oh it's a boy. Interesting, but just-the-facts-ma'am only (since my doctor does the scanning himself). Plus, I have to watch the scans through a handheld mirror since the doctor doesn't even turn the screen in my direction. It's like trying to look at the hair on the back of your head. I like my doctor, and I would recommend him to others without reservation, but this sort of ultrasound experience is less than touching.

Fortunately for me, my sister is an ultrasound tech! Unfortunately for me, she lives 3000 miles away. So Bill and I scheduled our final unencumbered trip to the east coast right at the 6-month mark to hang with our families and swing by my sister's place of employment. She spent a good long time (45+ min) scanning for nothing in particular, just poking around, sometimes just hanging out with the wand waiting for the baby to move so we could see it on the monitor. A couple measurements for due diligence told us that he's presently 2 lbs, 13 oz, which is in the 53rd percentile for size.

Here are three ways we know the baby is definitely ours:
  1. He gave us the finger.
  2. He played with his penis.
  3. He kicked himself in the head.
Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment