bump counter

 BabyFruit Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Song #2

The second song I wrote is a short, simple breakup song. While songs #1 and #3 are very personal, I can't say #2 was inspired by any major life drama in particular. I just came up with a hook and a title and then worked backwards, trying to write a song that would fit the chorus.



Lyrics after the jump.



WHY'D YOU HAVE TO KILL ME SO NICELY?
by Bill Folman

 You told me our time had passed,
Your love, grown small, the distance vast.
 You don't regret the time we shared.
You let me know how much you cared.

 Why'd you have to kill me so nicely?
Why'd you have to say that we're through?
And why'd you have to do it so nicely,
And leave me still wanting you? 

I told you, what's done is done,
That I'd move on and find someone.
 My cool façade, my tear free eyes,
My gift to you, my courteous lies.

 Why'd you have to kill me so nicely?
Why'd you have to make me agree?
And why'd you have to do it so nicely,
So only one of us could be free?

 Why'd you have say I'm a good guy?
Why'd you have to say what you'll miss?
'Cause don't you know that I still love you,
And that I never wanted this?

 Oh, why couldn't you take out a hacksaw?
 Or sharpen your razor blade,
 Dig it into my skin, dear,
Revel in the mess that you've made?

But, no, you had to do it so nicely.
The audience will applaud and cheer,
Carry you off on their shoulders,
Forgetting that I was ever here.

 Yes, because you did it so nicely.
The perfect crime, and now I'm alone.
And, damn it all, you did it so nicely,
I realize the fault was my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment